Monday, October 24, 2011

Rocoto and Aji Amarillo pepper plants

One day I received a package from my mother in law and inside it I found some seeds in an envelop. So I had promised her I was going to plant this. Actually this seeds were from Peru. They are Rocoto & Aji Amarillo peppers. I am so excited to plant these seeds. I placed them on a container lid with some cotton as the base. These seeds will grow anywhere as long you water them daily.















I didn't put anything for the seeds to grow except to just water them daily. After few weeks they've grown beautifully.
Since they've grown taller and the roots are spreading, I put them on a pot. I let them grow in this pot for couple of weeks.
This is after 2 months and they are about 3 inches tall with more leaves.

Look how many pepper plants I have now from 1 small pot.

Care:
It's pretty simple to care for these plants. They need to receive 6 hours of sunlight and water them daily. I normally put rice water 4-5 days and water for the remaining days.

Two days ago, I went to flea market and Home Depot to buy pots, soils and fertilizer. I want them to grow faster before winter hits. I am getting nervous because the weather is dropping at night to 65F. I put them inside because the temperature inside my apartment is around 75F. Also, I don't feel secure leaving them outside during the night because we have a lot of wild cats here. In the afternoon the weather still pretty warm like in the mid 80F.


I just moved them to a bigger pot

They are about 5 inches tall now

I am trying this product, I'll update if it works


Well... I am so excited and I hope I can see some vegetable soon. Yeyyy!!

1 comment:

  1. my seeds have been in the watered paper towel for a week but not germinate yet. the package said 7-10 days.Its there anything i can do to help?

    ReplyDelete